Monday, January 25, 2010

Just My Type ~ CD 52 & EBTKS 3







I've been thinking about some masculine looking valentine cards for my hubby...so for this card, I did some experimenting. I was inspired by two challenges, the Color Dare #52 using Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Only Orange & Brocade Blue and Everything But the Kitchen Sink Sketch #3. The straight lines of the sketch and this rugged color combo seemed the perfect choices for a hubby card:)





Stamps: Puns From the Past
Paper: Old Olive, Only Orange, Whisper White CS, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain, Fresh Favorites Buttons, Circle Nestabilities (non-SU)


10 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute Stacey!! Love that DSP and the layout looks fun, I must check out those challenge blogs!!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Lori said...

Ver nice Stacey! Love the layout and how you used the Color Dare colors. Cute sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare. Hope to see you again next time.
Lori
CD DT

LeAnne said...

Oooh oooh!!! Love this layout and how fun are the papers you used for it! And one of my favorite sets, too! Love it all!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Winter said...

So cute! I love the stamp! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness does this card rock or what?! Awesome take on this week's colours!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute! Very nicely done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Dare!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I love all of the different patterns! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Dare!

TrishG said...

Very cute and I love the blue embellishments. What a nice way to bring that color into your card!

Courtney Baker said...

Crazy in love with that stamp - way cute! Thanks for playing!