Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jewelry Color Inspiration #5

Anyone who knows me also knows that have an obsession for stamping and for JEWELRY! I have enjoyed participating in a variety of challenges this summer and am now offering my own weekly Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge that will be posted each Sunday. This challenge will include a jewelry photo and a link to the website where I found it. If you want to play along, simply make a paper project (card, scrapbook page, or 3D item) that includes the colors indicated with the jewelry piece. Then, submit your creation to me by posting a comment by Saturday, Oct. 4th at 11:59 P.M. and including the link to your project. You may also post your photo at Splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword JCI.

This week's Jewelry Color Inspiration #5 comes from an unknown source. I saved this photo a few weeks ago from a website and now I can't locate where it came from. If I come across it again, I'll let you all know. Don't you just love this vintage-style charm bracelet?





To further inspire you, here is my Boho For You card, which I put together in a snap! This layout is one of my "old standbys" and works with a variety of stamp sets and patterned paper. Notice here that I created my own patterned paper with the Boho Backgrounds stamp set on the Pretty in Pink cardstock.



Stamps: One of a Kind, Boho Backgrounds
Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink & Elegant Eggplant CS
Ink: Elegant Eggplant & Pretty in Pink Classic
Other: Pewter Build-a-Brad, 1/2" Circle Punch


4 comments:

Anita said...

Purple and pink Yeah! These are my favorite colors. Hopefully I will get a chance to make something with these colors later in the week.

Julie Davison said...

I really like the way this card turned out. I tried to pick up some elements from the bracelet and incorporate it in the card -- like the Metal Edge Tags. Hope you like it!
http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2008/10/charming-flower-birthday-card.html

Tara Kieninger said...

Finally got a chance to play! The colors are so sweet. I only wish Stampin' Up! would make more embellishments in pink & purple! You can see my 6x6 page at:

http://www.firefliesandflutterbyes.com/fireflies_and_flutterbyes/2008/10/jewelry-color-i.html

Anita said...

I made my card without checking your blog so mine is all purple. Maybe later in the week I will make a card that follows your challenge.
My card is on my blog.
http://cardsandcoffee.blogspot.com